Julien Langendorff - Black Mirrors
I’ve always been a bit jealous of people who are able to paint and draw well. It’s not easy to write about drawings or paintings, they seem to be even more personal than photographs or video clips because they are so many things funnelled into one image that is completely controlled and original.
Below is a short list of some places that my mind goes when i see Julien’s.
- the best parts of Saturday morning cartoons, with all the shitty parts stripped away.
- the movie KRULL always sitting at the video rental store on VHS but i was too young to rent it.
- the feeling of what it might be like to get tasered.
- dark places mixed with light ones, literally and figuratively.
- being covered in sweat and falling in dirt, but maybe colourful dirt.
- colored rocks at the bottom of a fish tank.
- Peter Sutherland, NYC, 2011
Thanks to Shelter Press (St. Martin).
48 pages, 16.5 x 23 cm, hardcover, Shelter Press (St Martin).